A lion called Christian : the true story of the remarkable bond between two friends and a lion / by Anthony Bourke and John Rendall ; foreword by George Adamson.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0909/2008044167-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0909/2008044167-d.html - Publisher description
- 2 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Garrett PL - Garrett||599.757 BOU (Text)||30010170539939||Nonfiction||Available||-|
|Van Buren PL - Van Buren||A/699.757 (Text)||76276000431002||Adult Non Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780767932301
- ISBN: 0767932307
- Physical Description: xxiii, 226 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 20 cm
- Edition: Rev. ed.
- Publisher: New York : Broadway Books, 
- Copyright: ©2009
|General Note:|| Edition statement from t.p, verso.
Originally published: London : Collins, 1971.
|Summary, etc.:|| A wondrous, serendipitous tale that tracks Christian's migration from London streets to Kenyan wilderness and the new friends, both lion and human (notably lion expert George Adamson of Born Free fame) that he finds there. Most astonishing, however, is that in 1971, after a year's absence, his old friends Bourke and Rendall returned to Africa and successfully reunited with Christian.
|Target Audience Note:|| 1190 Lexile.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Lion > Biography.