- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0623/2005034504-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0623/2005034504-d.html - Publisher description
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0623/2005034504-s.html - Sample text
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Garrett PL - Garrett||SF STR (Text)||30010170621877||Science Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0765309300 (acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 9780765348227
- ISBN: 9780765309303
- Physical Description: 320 pages ; 25 cm.
- Edition: 1st mass market ed.
- Publisher: New York : Tor, 2006.
"A Tom Doherty Associates book."
Miriam Beckstein has gotten in touch with her roots and they have nearly strangled her. A young, hip, business journalist in Boston, she discovered (in The Family Trade ) that her family comes from an alternate reality, that she is very well-connected, and that her family is a lot too much like the mafia for comfort. In addition, starting with the fact that women are family property and required to breed more family members with the unique talent to walk between worlds, she has tried to remain an outsider and her own woman. And start a profitable business in a third world she has discovered, outside the family reach (recounted in The Hidden Family). She fell in love with a distant relative but he's dead, killed saving her life. There have been murders, betrayals. Now, however, in The Clan Corporate, she may be overreaching. And if she gets caught, death or a fate worse is around the bend. There is for instance the brain-damaged son of the local king who needs a wife. But they'd never make her do that, would they?
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Women journalists > Fiction.
Merchants > Family relationships > Fiction.
Families > Fiction.
Boston (Mass.) > Fiction.
Search for related items by series