Pretty Deadly v.1 : The Shrike / Kelly Sue Deconnick.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Eckhart PL - Main||GN DECONNICK kelly pd v.1 (Text)||840191002069107||Temporary Adult Graphic Novels - Inquire at Staff Desk||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781607069621 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: unpaged : illustrations ; 26cm.
- Publisher: Berkeley, CA : Image Comics Inc., 2014.
|General Note:|| Western standards format.
|Summary, etc.:|| Presents the collecting opening arc of author's series that marries the magical realism of Sandman with the western brutality of Preacher. This book tells a tale of retribution as beautifully lush as it is unflinchingly savage.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Graphic novels adult.
Search for related items by series
- Baker & Taylor
As Sissy, a girl with a crow head-dress and two different colored eyes, and Fox, a blind old man, travel a fanciful Old West world, they are pursued by Death who seeks Sissy for reasons unknown.
- Diamond Comics DistributorsKelly Sue DeConnick (Avengers Assemble, Captain Marvel) andEmma Rios (Dr. Strange, Osborn) present the collected opening arcof their surprise-hit series that marries the magical realism of Sandmanwith the western brutality of Preacher. Death's daughter rides the windon a horse made of smoke and her face bears the skull marks of her father. Herorigin story is a tale of retribution as beautifully lush as it is unflinchinglysavage."It's a perfect match for the gorgeous, dizzying artwork in a sumptuouspalette-overlaid panels add intricate choreography to fight scenes, anddetailed, whirling splash pages beg for long-lingering looks. Couple that, alongwith a handful of Eisner nominations, with a multicultural cast oftough-as-nails women who all fight for their own honor, and this is a series towatch out for." - Booklist"It's ambitious and challenging (two qualities that are not often valued,but that probably should be), under a faade of violence and sacrifice.Rio's art is lush and detailed, and is more than capable of keeping up with thefar-reaching story." - PW