The black hole war : my battle with Stephen Hawking to make the world safe for quantum mechanics / Leonard Susskind.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0804/2007048355-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip085/2007048355.html - Table of contents only
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0804/2007048355-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Eckhart Public Library - Main||530.12 SUS (Text)||840191001849895||Nonfiction - Main Floor||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780316016407 (hb.)
- Physical Description: viii, 470p. : ill. ; 25cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Little, Brown and Comp., 2008.
|General Note:|| Includes index.
|Summary, etc.:|| A mind-bending book about modern physics, quantum mechanics, the fate of stars and the deep mysteries of black holes. What happens when something is sucked into a black hole? Does it disappear? Three decades ago, a young physicist named Stephen Hawking claimed it did--and in doing so put at risk everything we know about physics and the fundamental laws of the universe. Most scientists didn't recognize the import of Hawking's claims, but Leonard Susskind and Gerard t'Hooft realized the threat, and responded with a counterattack that changed the course of physics. This is the story of their united effort to reconcile Hawking's revolutionary theories with their own sense of reality--effort that would eventually result in Hawking admitting he was wrong, paying up, and Susskind and t'Hooft realizing that our world is a hologram projected from the outer boundaries of space.--From publisher description.
Search for related items by subject
Hawking, S. W.
General relativity (Physics)
Space and time.
Black holes (Astronomy)