A brilliant solution : inventing the American Constitution / Carol Berkin.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/bios/har051/2002005648.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/samples/har051/2002005648.html - Sample text
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/fy033/2002005648.html - Table of contents
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/description/har021/2002005648.html - Publisher description
- ISBN: 0156028727 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: 310 pages ; 20cm
- Edition: 1st Harvest ed.
- Publisher: New York : Harvest Book, 2002.
|General Note:|| Includes index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Our present federal government is a name, a shadow : the call for a convention -- Making Mr. Madison wait -- A gathering of demi-gods -- How far do you intend to go? : the perils of power -- I do not trust you, gentlemen : schisms, threats, and compromises -- Like "a trial of colours to a blind man" : debating the presidency once again -- I consent, sir, to this constitution because I expect no better : the convention ends -- The constitution is now before the judgment seat : the battle for ratification -- This great and good man : the inauguration of President George Washington.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||United States. Constitutional Convention (1787)
United States > Politics and government > 1783-1789.
Statesmen > United States > History > 18th century.
United States. Constitution > Signers.
Constitutional history > United States.