College algebra demystified / Rhonda Huettenmueller.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/bios/mh041/2002512216.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/mh031/2002512216.html - Table of contents
- 3 of 4 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 4 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Alexandria-Monroe PL - Alexandria||512 HUE (Text)||37521529432082||AMPL Adult Nonfiction||Available||-|
|Danville-Center Twp PL - Danville||512 HUE (Text)||32604020132365||DCTPLD AD Non-Fiction||Available||-|
|Eckhart PL - Main||512 HUE (Text)||840191001421458||Nonfiction - Main Floor||Temporarily Unavailable||-|
|North Madison Co PL - Ralph E. Hazelbaker Library (Summitville)||512 HUE (Text)||30419300277031||Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0071439285 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: viii, 446 pages : illustrations ; 23cm.
- Publisher: New York : McGraw-Hill, 2004.
"A self-teaching guide"--Cover.
Search for related items by subject
Search for related items by series
- Book News
Each short section in this textbook presents only one new algebra concept and provides detailed examples and solutions to reinforce the concept. Huettenmueller, who teaches math at the college level, explains the coordinate plane, lines and parabolas, nonlinear inequalities, quadratic functions, transformations, polynomial equations, exponents, and logarithms. Annotation Â©2005 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
- McGraw Hill
A BETTER WAY TO COLLEGE ALGEBRA X-PERTISE
One of the most valuable tools acquired in a university education, college algebra is essential for courses from the sciences to computing, engineering to mathematics. It can help you do better on placement exams, even before college, and it's useful in solving the computations of daily life. Now anyone with an interest in college algebra can master it. In College Algebra Demystified, entertaining author and experienced teacher Rhonda Huettenmueller breaks college algebra down into manageable bites with practical examples, real data, and a new approach that banishes algebra's mystery.
With College Algebra Demystified, you master the subject one simple step at a timeâat your own speed. Unlike most books on college algebra, general concepts are presented firstâand the details follow. In order to make the process as clear and simple as possible, long computations are presented in a logical, layered progression with just one execution per step.
This fast and easy self-teaching course will help you:
- Perform better on placement exams
- Avoid confusion with detailed examples and solutions that help you every step of the way
- Conquer the coordinate plane, lines and intercepts, parabolas, and nonlinear equations
- Get comfortable with functions, graphs of functions, logarithms, exponents, and more
- Master aspects of algebra that will help you with calculus, geometry, trigonometry, physics, chemistry, computing, and engineering
- Reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses with questions at the end of every chapter, and a final at the end of the book