- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1001/2008055909-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1001/2008055909-d.html - Publisher description
- 2 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Clinton PL - Clinton||TOD (BESS #1) (Text)||36806002068888||NEW ITEMS||Available||-|
|Eckhart PL - Main||M TODD charles bc bk.1 (Text)||840191001877487||Adult Fiction - Second Floor||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780061791772 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: 335 pages ; 21cm.
- Publisher: New York : Harper, 2010.
- Copyright: ©2009
|Summary, etc.:|| Independent-minded Bess Crawford's upbrining is far different from that of the usual upper-middle-class British gentlewoman. At the outbreak of WWI, she volunteers for the nursing corps, serving from the battlefields of France to the doomed hospital ship Britannic. On one voyage, she promises to a deliver a message from a dying officer to his brother. Once she's able to do so, she's disturbed at the brother's indifferent reception of the message, and when an unexpected turn of events provides her with an opportunity to stay with the family for a short time, she takes it.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Crawford, Bess (Fictitious character)
Nurses > Fiction.
World War, 1914-1918 > England > Fiction.
Search for related items by series