- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||[Mss I] ISLI S1599 (Text)||159901-106554||Manuscripts||Available||-|
- Physical Description: 0.01 Cubic feet 1 folder
|General Note:|| Processing Information: Collection processing completed 2016/03/31 by Nikki Stoddard Schofield. EAD finding aid created 2016/03/31 by Nikki Stoddard Schofield. EAD finding aid revised 2016/05/10 by Brittany Kropf.
|Restrictions on Access Note:|| This collection is open for research.
|Summary, etc.:|| This collection includes two advertising trade cards from Anderson, Fudge & Co. Ladoga Woolen Mills in Ladoga, Indiana circa 1890-1900; a six-page history of the Standard Forging Corporation in 1948; and a letter from A E. St. John of the Federated Metals Division of the American Smelting and Refining Company in New York, New York to Dorothy Riker in Indianapolis, Indiana on October 18, 1949 regarding the history of the company near Chicago.
|Preferred Citation of Described Materials Note:|| Indiana industries collection, Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library
|Terms Governing Use and Reproduction Note:|| Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Rare Books and Manuscripts.
|Location of Other Archival Materials Note:|| Materials relating to this collection may be found in the following collections in Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN: S022: Caleb Anderson papers
|Biographical or Historical Data:|| Anderson, Fudge & Co. Ladoga Woolen Mills in Ladoga, Indiana produced domestic and fancy yarns, jeans, flannels, and blankets in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The company was owned by J.T. Anderson and P.M. Fudge.Standard Forging Corporation was incorporated in 1903 and first manufactured tools, machinery parts, and railway car axles. During the Great Depression, the company forged crankshafts for automobiles. During both world wars, the business manufactured parts for railways, automobiles, ships, tanks, and planes as well as parts for guns, bombs, shells, and other weapons. The Great Western Smelting and Refining Company was founded in 1890 near Chicago. In 1924, the original company combined with several smelters in the eastern United States to form the Federated Metals Corporation. In 1934, the Federated Metals Corporation was absorbed by the American Smelting and Refining Companny and operated as the Federated Metals Division. The midwestern plant was located at 41st and Wallace streets in Chicago, Illinois before moving to 120 Broadway Street, New York, New York. Sources: Items in the collection.
|Ownership and Custodial History:|| This collection was received by Rare Books and Manuscripts as a donation.
|Accumulation and Frequency of Use Note:|| No further additions are expected.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Anderson, Fudge and Company.
Ladoga Woolen Mills (Ind.)
Manufacturing industries > Indiana.
Mills and mill-work.
Textile machinery industry.