View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781504704601 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1504704606 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (5hr., 54 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Blackstone Audio : 2016.
|Restrictions on Access Note:|| Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:|| Read by Jack Webb and a full cast.
|Summary, etc.:|| Set in Los Angeles, and starring Jack Webb as the stoic Sergeant Joe Friday, Dragnet is perhaps the most famous and influential police procedural drama of all time, having made extensive runs on both radio and television. Webb, also the producer of the show, took the series to new highs, insisting on realism in every facet of the program. The dialogue was clipped and sparse, taking its cue from hard-boiled crime fiction ̉la Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett. The stories were fast-paced but thorough, making sure to chronicle every step of the police work from start to finish. As a result, Dragnet draws listeners deeply in to its world of gritty crime and dedicated cops, guaranteeing an exhilarating audio experience. Episodes included are: "The Big Friend," "The Big Threat," "The Big Saint," "The Big Mailman," "The Big Imposter," "The Big Building," "The Big Run," "The Big Cliff," "The Big Love," "The Big Set-Up," "The Big Seventeen," and "The Big Waiter."
|System Details Note:|| Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Police > California > Los Angeles > Drama.
Los Angeles (Calif.) > Drama.
Search for related items by series
- The classic radio collection
- A Hollywood 360 collection
- Classic radio collection.
- Hollywood 360 collection.