- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0618/2004053628-s.html - Sample text
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0618/2004053628-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0618/2004053628-d.html - Publisher description
- 2 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Jefferson Co PL - Madison Main Branch||AWARD NTL 1987 (Text)||39391006758864||Award - Fic||Available||-|
|Waterloo-Grant Twp PL - Waterloo||959.7 HEI (Text)||30090000489984||Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 1400076838
- ISBN: 9781400076833
- Physical Description: xiii, 209 pages ; 21 cm
- Edition: First Vintage Contemporaries edition.
- Publisher: New York : Vintage Contemporaries, 2005.
|General Note:|| Originally published: New york : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1986.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| First Clean Fact -- God's Marvelous Plan -- Thanks of a Grateful Nation -- Paco Coming into Town -- Texas Lunch -- Good Morning to You, Lieutenant -- Paco the Sneak.
|Summary, etc.:|| Paco Sullivan is the only man in Alpha Company to survive a cataclysmic Viet Cong attack on Fire Base Harriette in Vietnam. Everyone else is annihilated. When a medic finally rescues Paco almost two days later, he is waiting to die, flies and maggots covering his burnt, shattered body. He winds up back in the US with his legs full of pins, daily rations of Librium and Valium, and no sense of what to do next. One evening, on the tail of a rainstorm, he limps off the bus and into the small town of Boone, determined to find a real job and a real bed-but no matter how hard he works, nothing muffles the anguish in his mind and body.
|Awards Note:|| National Book Award, 1987
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Vietnam War, 1961-1975 > Veterans > Fiction.
Massacres > Fiction.
Texas > Fiction.