The spectator bird / Wallace Stegner ; introduction by Jane Smiley.
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1106/2010010453-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1106/2010010453-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Jefferson County Public Library - Madison||AWARD NTL 1977 (Text)||39391006757122||Award - Fic||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780143105794
- ISBN: 0143105795
- Physical Description: xvii, 204 pages ; 20 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Penguin Books, 2010.
|Summary, etc.:|| Joe Allston is a retired literary agent who is, in his own words, "just killing time until time gets around to killing me." His parents and his only son are long dead, leaving him with neither ancestors nor descendants, tradition nor ties. His job, trafficking the talent of others, had not been his choice. He passes through life as a spectator. A postcard from a friend causes Allston to return to the journals of a trip he had taken years before, a journey to his mother's birth-place where he'd sought a link with the past. The memories of that trip, both grotesque and poignant, move through layers of time and meaning, and reveal that Joe Allston isn't quite spectator enough.
|Awards Note:|| National Book Award, 1977
Search for related items by subject
Older men >
Diaries > Fiction.
Americans > Denmark > Fiction.
Danish Americans > Fiction.
Married people > Fiction.
Marriage > Fiction.
Denmark > Fiction.
Search for related items by series