Directions for collecting and preserving insects / prepared for the use of the Smithsonian Institution by A.S. Packard, Jr.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||ISLM p.d. 506 Unm58 v. 11, art. 4 (Text)||1720384-2016||General Federal documents||Available||-|
- Physical Description: iii, 55 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Washington : Smithsonian Institution, 1873.
Originally issued in 1873 as Smithsonian Institution publication 261; later reprinted in 1864 as article 4 of volume 11 of the Smithsonian miscellaneous collections (simultaneously Smithsonian Institution publication 273).
Derived mainly from the "Guide to the study of insects," pub. by the Naturalists' agency, Salem, Mass., 1868-69, with additions and corrections--Advertisement.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Collecting apparatus -- Killing insects for the cabinet -- Pinning insects -- Preservative fluids -- Preparing insects for the cabinet -- Insect cabinet -- Transportation of insects -- Preservation of larvae -- Rearing larvae -- Classification of insects -- Hymenoptera -- Lepidoptera -- Diptera -- Coleoptera -- Hemiptera -- Orthoptera -- Neuroptera -- Arachnida -- Myriopoda.
|Additional Physical Form available Note:||
Also available online.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Insects > Collection and preservation.
Search for related items by series
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections ; v. 11, art. 4. 0096-8749
- Publication (Smithsonian Institution) ; 261.
- Publication (Smithsonian Institution) ; 273.