- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0804/98060167-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/description/random042/98060167.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Jefferson County Public Library - Madison||AWARD PUL 1980 (Text)||39391006756306||Award - Fic||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780446584388
- ISBN: 044658438X
- Physical Description: xvi, 1109 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Edition: First Grand Central Publishing trade edition.
- Publisher: New York : Grand Central Publishing, 2012.
- Copyright: ©1979
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Book 1: Western voices. Part 1. Gary ; Part 2. Nicole ; Part 3. Gary and Nicole ; Part 4. The gas station and the motel ; Part 5. The shadows of the dream ; Part 6. The trial of Gary M. Gilmore ; Part 7. Death row ; Book 2: Eastern voices. Part 1. In the reign of good King Boaz ; Part 2. Exclusive rights ; Part 3. The hunger strike ; Part 4. The holiday season ; Part 5. Pressures ; Part 6. Into the light ; Part 7. The fading of the heart.
|Summary, etc.:|| In what is arguably his greatest book--written in 1979 and reissued here in trade paperback--America's most heroically ambitious writer follows the short, blighted career of Gary Gilmore, an intractably violent product of America's prisons who---after robbing two men and killing them in cold blood--insisted on dying for his crime.
|Awards Note:|| Pulitzer Prize, 1980
Search for related items by subject
Gilmore, Gary >
Death row inmates > Fiction.
Utah > Fiction.