The British : a genetic journey / Alistair Moffat.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1408/2013432599-d.html - Publisher description
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1408/2013432599-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|APLS-Decatur||941 MOF BRI (Text)||34207002009091||Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781780270753
- ISBN: 1780270755
- Physical Description: xvi, 288 pages, 8 pages of unnumbered plates : illustrations (some colour), maps, portraits ; 25 cm
- Publisher: Edinburgh : Birlinn, 
- Copyright: ©2013
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (page 263-264) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Part 1: Origins -- Beyond Eden -- Britain begins -- Day in, day out -- The coming of the kings -- On the edge of beyond -- Part 2: The wanderers -- The sons of death -- The Royal British -- Comings and goings.
|Summary, etc.:|| Hidden inside all of us - every human being on Earth - is the story of our ancestry. Printed on our DNA are the origins of our lineages, the time in history and prehistory when then arose, the epic journeys people have made across the globe. Based on new research involving the most wide-ranging sampling of DNA ever made in Britain, Alistair Moffat, shows how all of us who live on these islands are immigrants. Publisher's marketing.
Search for related items by subject
Human population genetics >
Great Britain >
Genetic genealogy > Great Britain.
Great Britain > History.