Bibliography of North American conchology previous to the year 1860 : prepared for the Smithsonian Institution / by W.G. Binney.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||ISLM p.d. 506 Unm58 v. 5, art. 1 (Text)||1720109-2016||General Federal documents||Available||-|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||ISLM p.d. 506 Unm58 v. 9, art. 1 (Text)||1720110-2016||General Federal documents||Available||-|
- Physical Description: 2 volumes (vii, 650; v, 306 pages) ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Washington : Smithsonian Institution, 1863-1864.
- Manufacturer: Philadelphia : Collins, Printer
|General Note:|| Cover title.
Part 1 originally issued in 1863 as Smithsonian Institution publication 142; later reprinted in 1864 as article 1 of volume 5 of the Smithsonian miscellaneous collections (simultaneously Smithsonian Institution publication 158); part 2 originally issued in 1864 as Smithsonian Institution publication 174; later reprinted in 1869 as article 1 of volume 9 of the Smithsonian miscellaneous collections (simultaneously Smithsonian Institution publication 212).
A third part announced in advertisement to part 2 as "In an advanced stage of preparation," and designed to include a general index of authors, index of generic and specific names, and a history of American conchology, was never published.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| part 1. American authors -- part 2. Foreign authors.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Mollusks > North America > Bibliography.
Search for related items by series
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections ; v. 5, art. 1.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections ; v. 9, art. 1.
- Publication (Smithsonian Institution) ; 142.
- Publication (Smithsonian Institution) ; 158.
- Publication (Smithsonian Institution) ; 174.
- Publication (Smithsonian Institution) ; 212.