Synopsis of American wasps. Solitary wasps / by Henri de Saussure.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||ISLM p.d. 506 Unm58 v. 14, no. 1 (Text)||1720088-2016||General Federal documents||Available||-|
- Physical Description: xxxv, 392 pages, 4 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- Publisher: Washington : Smithsonian Institution, 1875.
- Manufacturer: Philadelphia : Collins, Printer
|General Note:|| "The present publication is the first part of a synopsis of American Vespidae or wasps ..."--Page ii. Concluding part on social wasps not published.
Originally published in 1875 as Smithsonian Institution publication 254; later reprinted in 1878 as article 1 of volume 14 of the Smithsonian miscellaneous collections (simultaneously Smithsonian Institution publication 314).
"The larger part of the book was written in French, and has been translated and corrected by Mr. Edward Norton."--Preface, page ix.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Tribe Masarinae (parasitic wasps) -- Tribe Odynerinae (solitary wasps).
|Additional Physical Form available Note:|| Also available online.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Solitary wasps > North America.
Wasps > North America.
Hymenoptera > North America.
Search for related items by series
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections ; [v. 14, art. 1]
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections ; v. 14, no. 1.
- Publication (Smithsonian Institution) ; 254.
- Publication (Smithsonian Institution) ; 314.