- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||[Mss I] ISLI L214 (Text)||214001-100065||Manuscripts||Available||-|
- Physical Description: 0.3 Cubic feet 1 manuscript box; 1 oversize folder
|General Note:|| Processing Information: Collection processing completed 2016/04/11 by Edythe Huffman. EAD finding aid created 2016/04/11 by Edythe Huffman.
|Restrictions on Access Note:|| This collection is open for research.
|Summary, etc.:|| This collection includes organizational documents, memorabilia, programs, financial documents, newspaper clippings and program information from various members and journalists in Brookville, Indiana ranging from 1891-1908 regarding organization's founding, goals, activities and history.
|Preferred Citation of Described Materials Note:|| Scotus Gaul Picti collection, Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library
|Terms Governing Use and Reproduction Note:|| Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Rare Books and Manuscripts.
|Biographical or Historical Data:|| "It is a kind of Board of Trade, Commercial Club, Columbia Club, all combined, with a sprinkling of Gray Club (for there is politics in it)...an order, a part of whose purpose in being is to promote happiness and home patriotism, promotion of Brookville as "the greatest place on earth." It was organized in Brookville, Indiana in 1892, and became a permanent organization in April, 1894. Trustees were elected and the clan was incorporated. They had a singing group, a quartette and also promoted music and theater events. "At the height of its career, there were at least two hundred and fifty members; ...membership was open to who believed that Brookville was the greatest town on earth" and dues were fifty cents a year". The organization disbanded in 1899.Harmony Lodge No. 11 met in an upstairs room in the house now owned by Mrs. William D. Bohlander (1847-1851).Information found within the collection.Davis, Virgil E. "Through the years: the story of Brookville 1808-1958. (pp. 51, 71-80). Print ISLI 977.201 F831d"Fairfield -- 200 years. Retrieved 2016/03/30. http://fairfield200.blogspot.com/2015/07/scotus-gaul-picti.html"Scotus Gaul Picti Quartette". Retrieved 2016/03/30. http://www.franklincountyhistoricalsociety.com/music_history/picti/"A brief history of the music of Franklin County, Indiana" by Suzie Booth. Retrieved 2016/03/30. http://www.franklincountyhistoricalsociety.com/music_history/brief_history/
|Ownership and Custodial History:|| This collection was received by Rare Books and Manuscripts as a donation from Mr. and Mrs. Fred Charni on 1971/02/19.
|Accumulation and Frequency of Use Note:|| No further additions are expected.
Search for related items by subject
Harmony Lodge No. 11 (Brookville, Ind.)
Societies > Indiana > Brookville.