The only street in Paris : life on the Rue des Martyrs / Elaine Sciolino.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Shelby Co PL - Shelbyville Main Library||LP 944.361 SCI (Text)||78731000494940||Adult Nonfiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 99781410487933 (hardback)
- ISBN: 1410487938 (hardback)
- Physical Description: 421 pages (large print) : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Large Print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, Maine Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning, .
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 403-418).
"The former Paris bureau chief for the New York Times invites us on a tour of her favorite Parisian street. "I can never be sad on the Rue des Martyrs," Sciolino explains as she celebrates the neighborhood's rich history and vibrant lives : the Tunisian greengrocer, the husband-and-wife cheesemongers, the showman whose transvestite cabaret has run for more than half a century, the owner of a 100-year-old bookstore, the woman who repairs eighteenth-century mercury barometers; they make Paris come alive in all its unique majesty." -- Provided by the publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Large type books.
Search for related items by series