View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781429527149 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 1429527145 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 9781429527170 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 142952717X (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (401 pages)
- Edition: Berkley mass market ed.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Berkley Books, 2005.
- Copyright: ©2004
|General Note:|| "A Scarpetta novel"--Cover.
Description based on print version record.
|Summary, etc.:|| Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia from freelancing in South Florida at the request of the recently appointed Chief Medical Examiner to solve the murder of a 14-year-old girl, but she finds that nothing is as she left it. Her former lab is being demolished; the chief isn't really the one who requested her; her former assistant chief has has personal problems that he refuses to reveal; and a glamorous FBI agent meddles with the case.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Scarpetta, Kay (Fictitious character)
Teenage girls > Crimes against > Fiction.
Forensic pathologists > Fiction.
Women physicians > Fiction.
Virginia > Fiction.