- ISBN: 079530062X (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780795300622 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0795300662 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 9780795300660 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Publisher: New York : RosettaBooks, 2000.
|General Note:|| Title from eBook information screen.
|Summary, etc.:|| A remote scientific research expedition at the North Pole is invaded by a monstrous alien, reawakened after lying frozen for centuries after a crash-landing. The alien is intelligent, cunning and a shape-changer who can assume the form and personality of anything it destroys and soon it is among the men of the expedition, killing and replacing them, using its shape-changing ability to lull the scientists one by one into inattention and destruction. The transformed alien can seemingly pass every effort at detection and the expedition seems doomed until at last the secret vulnerability of the alien is discovered and it is destroyed.
|System Details Note:|| Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 823 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 105 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 113 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Scientific expeditions > North Pole > Fiction.
Life on other planets > Fiction.