The devil all the time [electronic resource] : a novel / Donald Ray Pollock.
- ISBN: 9780385535052 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 0385535058 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 9780385535052 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0385535058 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Doubleday, c2011.
|Summary, etc.:|| "Set in rural southern Ohio and West Virginia, The Devil All the Time follows a cast of compelling and bizarre characters from the end of World War II to the 1960s. There's Willard Russell, tormented veteran of the carnage in the South Pacific, who can't save his beautiful wife, Charlotte, from an agonizing death by cancer no matter how much sacrificial blood he pours on his prayer log. There's Carl and Sandy Henderson, a husband-and-wife team of serial killers, who troll America's highways searching for suitable models to photograph and exterminate. There's the spider-handling preacher Roy and his crippled virtuoso-guitar-playing sidekick, Theodore, running from the law. And caught in the middle of all this is Arvin Eugene Russell, Willard and Charlotte's orphaned son, who grows up to be a good but also violent man in his own right"--Jacket.
|Source of Description Note:|| Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject
Rural conditions >