View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781436238878 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 1436238870 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9781436238885 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 1436238889 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 307 pages ; 21 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Berkley Prime Crime, 2008.
|General Note:|| "A royal spyness mystery".
|Summary, etc.:|| The Queen of England has concocted a plan in which Lady Georgie is to entertain a Bavarian princess and conveniently place her in the playboy Prince's path, in the hopes that he might finally marry. But queens never take money into account. Georgie has very little, which is why she moonlights as a maid-in-disguise. She must draw up plans: clean house to make it look like a palace; have Granddad and her neighbor pretend to be the domestic staff; un-teach Princess Hanni the English she's culled from American gangster movies; cure said Princess of her embarrassing shoplifting habit; and keep an eye on her at parties. Then there's the worrying matter of the body in the bookshop and Hanni's unwitting involvement with the Communist Party.
|Reproduction Note:|| Electronic reproduction. New York : Penguin Group USA, Inc., 2008. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1124 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 1270 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Aristocracy (Social class) > Fiction.
London (England) > History > 20th century > Fiction.
Search for related items by series