- ISBN: 9780446198257 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0446198250 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780446198271 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0446198277 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 304 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Warner Books, c2007.
|General Note:|| "A Deborah Knott Mystery"--Cover.
|Summary, etc.:|| As Judge Deborah Knott presides over a case involving a barroom brawl, it becomes clear that deep resentments over race, class, and illegal immigration are simmering just below the surface in the countryside. An early spring sun has begun to shine like a blessing on the fertile fields of North Carolina, but along with the seeds sprouting in the thawing soil, violence is growing as well. Mutilated body parts have appeared along the back roads of Colleton County, and the search for the victim's identity and for that of his killer will lead Deborah and her new husband, Sheriff's Deputy Dwight Bryant, into the desperate realm of undocumented farm workers exploited for cheap labor.
|Reproduction Note:|| Electronic reproduction. New York : Warner Books, 2007. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 689 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 515 KB).
Search for related items by subject
Knott, Deborah (Fictitious character) >
Women judges > Fiction.
Illegal aliens > Fiction.
Agricultural laborers > Fiction.
Murder > Investigation > Fiction.
North Carolina > Fiction.