The food of a younger land : a portrait of American food : before the national highway system, before chain restaurants, and before frozen food, when the nation's food was seasonal, regional, and traditional : from the lost WPA files / edited and illustrated by Mark Kurlansky.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781101054000 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 110105400X (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 9781101057124 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 1101057122 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 9781101056349 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 1101056347 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Publisher: New York : Riverhead Books, 2009.
|General Note:|| Title from eBook information screen.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| The Northeast eats -- The South eats -- The Middle West eats -- The Far West eats -- The Southwest eats.
|Summary, etc.:|| Using long-forgotten WPA files archived in the Library of Congress, bestselling author Mark Kurlansky paints a detailed picture of Depression Era Americans through the food that they ate and the local traditions and customs they observed when planning and preparing meals.
|System Details Note:|| Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 5815 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 2110 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 1974 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Cooking, American > History.
Food habits > United States > History.