Code talker [electronic resource] / Chester Nez, with Judith Schiess Avila.
- ISBN: 9781101551295 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1101551291 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9781101552124 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1101552123 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (viii, 310 p.) : ill., maps.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Berkley Caliber, 2011.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. -296) and index.
|Summary, etc.:|| Chester Nez, the last surviving member of the original twenty-nine code talkers, discusses his life growing up in the Checkerboard Area of the Navajo reservation, and shares the story of how he helped the United States develop and implement a secret military language based on his native language during World War II that became the only unbroken code in modern warfare.
|Source of Description Note:|| Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject