Comfort [electronic resource] : an atlas for the body and soul / Brett C. Hoover.
- ISBN: 9781101542750 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1101542756 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9781101545638 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1101545631 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: New York : Riverhead Books, 2011.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| The roots of comfort. The human story of comfort ; The anatomy of comfort ; American comfort -- Complicating comfort. When comfort goes bad ; Home alone ; A comfortable living -- Way beyond Easy Street: real-life comforts. The comfort of company ; Comfort in crisis ; Spiritual comfort and a God for grown-ups ; Practical comfort.
|Summary, etc.:|| Comfort is a universal human need. Hoover explores what comfort means-- and how it means different things to different people. He delves into the psychological, emotional, and spiritual facets of comfort and offers ways to rediscover it.
Search for related items by subject
Quality of life.
Senses and sensation.
Peace of mind.