How to diagnose and fix everything electronic / Michael Geier.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780071848305 (electronic bk)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Edition: 2.
- Publisher: [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
|Summary, etc.:|| This thoroughly updated guide gives hobbyists and do-it-yourselfers access to the diagnostic wisdom and repair skills of an experienced technician In this hands-on guide, a lifelong electronics repair expert shares his time-tested techniques and invaluable insights. How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electronic, Second Edition shows how to repair and extend the lives of all kinds of solid-state devices, from modern digital gadgets to cherished analog antiques. You'll learn how to disassemble, troubleshoot, fix, and successfully re-assemble products-all using the latest testing and workbench tools. This fully revised edition includes new information on modern ESR meters (used to diagnose today's frequent electrolytic capacitor failures), SMD rework stations (high-tech soldering gear), LCD TVs, digital audio amplifiers, tablets, and much more. An expanded section on reading schematics will help clarify the topic for less-experienced readers. Clearly...
|Reproduction Note:|| Electronic reproduction. New York : McGraw-Hill Education TAB, 2015. Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 8533 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 18813 KB) or Amazon Kindle (file size: N/A KB).
Search for related items by subject
- Baker & Taylor
Reveals the methods that expert technicians use to repair all kids of consumer electronics--from VCRs, turntables and camcorders to DVD players, LCD TVs and DLP projectors--in a book that also includes illustrative schematics. Original.
- McGraw Hill Global
A Fully Revised Guide to Electronics Troubleshooting and Repair
Repair all kinds of electrical products, from modern digital gadgets to analog antiques, with help from this updated book. How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electronic, Second Edition, offers expert insights, case studies, and step-by-step instruction from a lifelong electronics guru. Discover how to assemble your workbench, use the latest test equipment, zero in on and replace dead components, and handle reassembly. Instructions for specific devices, including stereos, MP3 players, digital cameras, flat-panel TVs, laptops, headsets, and mobile devices are also included in this do-it-yourself guide.
- Choose the proper tools and set up your workbench
- Ensure personal safety and use proper eye and ear protection
- Understand how electrical components work and why they fail
- Perform preliminary diagnoses based on symptoms
- Use test equipment, including digital multimeters, ESR meters, frequency
counters, and oscilloscopes
- Interpret block, schematic, and pictorial diagrams
- Disassemble products and identify sections
- Analyze circuits, locate faults, and replace dead parts
- Re-establish connections and reassemble devices