The chicken encyclopedia : An Illustrated Reference. / Gail Damerow.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781603427760 (electronic bk)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
From addled to wind egg, crossed beak to zygote, the terminology of everything chicken is demystified in The Chicken Encyclopedia, a comprehensive A-to-Z reference volume presented in a friendly, highly illustrated format. Chickophiles will find breed descriptions; definitions of the most common conditions, situations, characteristics, and behaviors of chickens; and much more. Whether it's the difference between wry tail, split tail, and gamy tail; the meaning of hen feathered, forced molt, or quill feather; the characteristics of droopy wing; the content of granite grit; or the translation of a chicken's alarm call, here are all the answers to every chicken question and quandary, from the practical to the curious.
Electronic reproduction. New York : Storey Publishing, LLC, 2012. Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 12104 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 15829 KB) or Amazon Kindle (file size: N/A KB).
Search for related items by subject
Study Aids & Workbooks.
- Baker & Taylor
"From addled to wind egg, crossed beak to zygote, if it concerns chickens, it's covered in this comprehensive encyclopedia. Now you can find the answers to all your chicken questions quickly, easily--and accompanied by illustrations.
- Workman Press.The visual A-to-Z reference for all things chicken, from Storey’s most respected chicken expert. Includes explanations of the most common conditions, situations, and behaviors chicken owners (or fans) are likely to encounter.
- Workman Press.From addled to wind egg and crossed beak to zygote, the terminology of everything chicken is demystified in The Chicken Encyclopedia. Complete with breed descriptions, common medical concerns, and plenty of chicken trivia, this illustrated A-to-Z reference guide is both informative and entertaining. Covering tail types, breeding, molting, communication, and much more, Gail Damerow provides answers to all of your chicken questions and quandaries. Even seasoned chicken farmers are sure to discover new information about the multifaceted world of these fascinating birds.