Appointment in Samarra / John O'Hara ; introduction by Charles McGrath.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781101602959 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1101602953 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (xvii, 220 pages).
- Edition: Penguin Classics deluxe edition.
- Publisher: New York, New York : Penguin Books, 
|General Note:|| "Originally published in 1934"--Introduction.
|Summary, etc.:|| "In December 1930, just before Christmas, the Gibbsville, Pennsylvania, social circuit is electrified with parties and dances. At the center of the social elite stand Julian and Caroline English. But in one rash moment born inside a highball glass, Julian breaks with polite society and begins a rapid descent toward self-destruction"--Amazon.com.
|Source of Description Note:|| Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Self-destructive behavior > Fiction.
Ethnic relations > Fiction.
Suicide victims > Fiction.
Married people > Fiction.
Young men > Fiction.
FICTION / Literary.
Search for related items by series