View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781429537568 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1429537566 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9781429537599 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1429537590 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9781101147191 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1101147199 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (467 pages)
- Publisher: New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons, 
- Copyright: ©2007
Lieutenant Phoebe MacNamara, the chief hostage negotiator for the Savannah, Georgia, police department, meets Duncan Swift, a sports bar owner, as they both try to prevent a suicidal bartender Duncan fired from jumping off a roof on St. Patrick's Day. In the aftermath, a romance develops between Phoebe and Duncan, though the enigmatic Phoebe's devotion to career and family, who include a young daughter and an agoraphobic mother, creates tension in their relationship. After Phoebe survives a vicious attack within her own precinct house by an unknown assailant, it becomes clear that someone is intent on harming Phoebe and those close to her.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Hostage negotiations > Fiction.
|Genre:||Romantic suspense fiction.