View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780061259852 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0061259853 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780061259869 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0061259861 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 9780061827440 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0061827444 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource.
- Publisher: Pymble, NSW ; HarperCollins e-books, 2007.
|General Note:|| Book 2 of the Body Farm Novel series (series numeration from Goodreads.com).
|Summary, etc.:|| Dr. Bill Brockton, the founder of the world-famous Body Farm, is hard at work on a troubling new case. A young man's battered body has been found in nearby Chattanooga, and it's up to the talented Dr. Brockton to assemble the pieces of the forensic puzzle. Brockton is brought into the case by the rising star of the state's mechanical examiners, Jess Carter. Just as they're on the verge of breaking the case open, events take a terrifying turn. Brockton has re-created the Chattanooga death scene at the Body Farm, but a killer tampers with it in a shocking way: placing another corpse at the setting, confusing authorities and putting Brockton's career and life in jeopardy. Soon Brockton himself is accused of the horrific new crime, and the once-beloved professor becomes an outcast. As the net around him tightens, Brockton must use all of his forensic skills to prove his own innocence ... before he ends up behind bars with some of the very killers he's helped to convict.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Brockton, Bill (Fictitious character) > Fiction.
Forensic anthropologists > Fiction.
Crime laboratories > Fiction.
Medical examiners (Law) > Fiction.
Chattanooga (Tenn.) > Fiction.
FICTION > Mystery & Detective > General.
Search for related items by series