View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780345527455 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0345527453 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource.
- Edition: Dell mass market ed.
- Publisher: New York : Dell, 2012.
"Miranda Wentworth never imagined becoming a mail-order bride. Now it's her only hope of finding a home where she and her two younger brothers can escape the brutality of a Chicago orphanage. But Miranda has one gigantic concern: Her husband-to-be knows nothing about the brothers she's bringing along. What if he calls off the deal when he discovers the trick she's played on him? Jake Creed is hanging on to his Texas ranch by his fingernails. His nemesis, Alexander Blackthorne, is determined to ruin him, but Jake will never give up. His wife died six months ago in childbirth, along with their stillborn son, and his two-year-old daughter needs a mother. The advertisement Jake wrote never mentioned his daughter--or the fact that he has no intention of consummating his marriage. He's determined never to subject another wife to the burden of pregnancy. But Jake doesn't count on finding his bride so desirable. He doesn't count on aching with need when she joins him in bed. And he never suspected his bride would have plans of her own to seduce him."--[p. 4] of cover.
|Source of Description Note:||
Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Man-woman relationships > Fiction.
Revenge > Fiction.
Texas > Fiction.
FICTION / General.
Search for related items by series
- Mail-order brides series
- A Bitter Creek novel
- Bitter Creek historical ; 1
- Johnston, Joan, 1948- Mail-order brides series.
- Johnston, Joan, 1948- Bitter Creek series.
- Johnston, Joan, 1948- Bitter Creek historical ; 01.