World religions and what people believe / Bryan McAnally.
- ISBN: 9780824949624 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0824949625 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9780824932756 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0824932757 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9780824949617 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0824949617 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (255 pages) : illustrations (chiefly color).
- Publisher: New York : Guideposts, 2008.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Christianity -- Judaism -- Islam -- Hinduism -- Buddhism -- Nineteenth-century American religions -- Scientology -- Eclectic spirituality.
|Summary, etc.:|| We live in a world of nearly seven billion people representing more than 4,200 religions. Never before have so many people explored so many paths in an effort to connect with the divine. In today's integrated world, we experience this diversity every day in our neighborhoods, work places, and communities. Now you can learn more about what you believe--and better understand what your friends, neighbors, and colleagues believe and why. This volume looks through the lens of the largest religion--Christianity--to give you the facts about other faiths. What are the similarities between religions? What are the differences?
|Source of Description Note:|| Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject
Christianity and other religions.
RELIGION > Christianity > General.
RELIGION / Comparative Religion.
RELIGION / Essays.
RELIGION / Reference.
Search for related items by series