Black elk speaks / John G. Neihardt ; introduction by Philip J. Deloria ; foreword by Vine Deloria.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780803283923 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 080328392X (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9780803283930 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0803283938 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Edition: The complete edition.
- Publisher: Lincoln : Bison Books, 2014.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Black Elk Speaks, the story of the Oglala Lakota visionary and healer Nicholas Black Elk (1863-1950) and his people during momentous twilight years of the nineteenth century, offers readers much more than a precious glimpse of a vanished time. Black Elk's searing visions of the unity of humanity and Earth, conveyed by John G. Neihardt, have made this book a classic that crosses multiple genres. Whether appreciated as the poignant tale of a Lakota life, a history of a Native nation, or an enduring spiritual testament, Black Elk Speaks is unforgettable"-- Provided by publisher.
|Source of Description Note:||
Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject