C.C. Pyle's amazing foot race : the true story of the 1928 coast-to-coast run across America / Geoff Williams.
- ISBN: 9781452611099 (electronic audio bk.)
- ISBN: 1452611092 (electronic audio bk.)
- ISBN: 9781452691091 (electronic audio bk.)
- ISBN: 1452691096 (electronic audio bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [Old Saybrook, Conn.] : Tantor Media, 2013.
|Participant or Performer Note:|| Narrator: Robertson Dean.
|Summary, etc.:|| Among the runners of C. C. Pyle's First Annual International Transcontinental Foot Race were an assortment of underdogs, including twenty-year-old Oklahoman and part Cherokee Andy Payne, who wanted to win over the girl of his dreams and pay off the mortgage on his family's farm; Paul "Hardrock" Simpson, who was in over his head but couldn't let down his North Carolina hometown; Mike Kelly, a luckless boxer from Indiana; Seattle's Ed Gardner, one of four black runners who encountered bigotry; Charles Hart, a sixty-three-year-old Englishman hoping his best days weren't behind him; and Frank Johnson, a middle-aged husband, father, and steelworker from St. Louis who broke away from his humdrum life and dared to do something different.
|Target Audience Note:|| General adult.
|Source of Description Note:|| Description based on hard copy version record.
Search for related items by subject
Downloadable audio books.