Ramona and her mother [electronic resource] / Beverly Cleary ; illustrated by Tracy Dockray.
- ISBN: 9780061685408 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0061685402 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780061685415 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0061685410 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource.
- Publisher: Pymble, NSW ; HarperCollins e-books, 2008.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| A present for Willa Jean -- Slacks for Ella Funt -- Nobody likes Ramona -- The quarrel -- The great hair argument -- Ramona's new pajamas -- The telephone call.
|Summary, etc.:|| Ramona at 7 1/2 sometimes feels discriminated against by being the youngest in the family. Inevitably domestic tensions, not without their amusing side, occasionally arise. Mr. and Mrs. Quimby sometimes forget who is to do what, as when the Crock-Pot is not plugged in and dinner remains uncooked. Beezus acquires a ludicrous teased hairdo at the student body shop while Ramona gets a becoming pixie haircut. Ramona, who feels unloved, takes to twitching her nose like a rabbit in a cozy picture book until her teacher becomes concerned that something is making her nervous. Yet Ramona is wrong. She is loved, and readers will rejoice with her when she discovers the wonderful truth. Few writers today are as skilled as Mrs. Cleary at showing families in the round, and here she is at the peak of her powers.
Search for related items by subject
Mothers and daughters >
Family life > Fiction.
Mothers and daughters > Fiction.
Young adult fiction.