Ramona the brave / Beverly Cleary ; illustrated by Tracy Dockray.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780061685583 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0061685585 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780061685590 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0061685593 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: Pymble, NSW ; HarperCollins e-books, 2008.
Six-year-old Ramona tries to cope with an unsympathetic first-grade teacher. In this touching and funny story, the ebullient Ramona, feeling brave and grown-up, enters first grade. Quickly she finds that her new teacher, Mrs. Griggs, appears perplexed by pupils who like to be different. Since Ramona cannot help being different, clearly the two are incompatible. Nevertheless, Ramona can be counted on to keep things lively. Enraged when Susan copies her wise old owl prepared for Parents' Night and receives praise for it, Ramona rebels. Overcome by guilt and no longer brave, she tries mightily thereafter to please her teacher, but still Mrs. Griggs infuriatingly reports home that Ramona lacks self-control. Only because she is a girl with spunk, to use her father's word, does Ramona's courage return, earning her at last an uneasy truce with the teacher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Schools > Juvenile fiction.
Schools > Fiction.