View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780061433382 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0061433381 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780061433399 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 006143339X (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: Pymble, NSW ; HarperCollins e-books, 2007.
|Summary, etc.:|| Clear-eyed and spirited, Taylor Greer grew up poor in rural Kentucky with the goals of avoiding pregnancy and getting away. But when she heads west with high hopes and a barely functional car, she meets the human condition head-on. By the time Taylor arrives in Tucson, Arizona, she has acquired a completely unexpected child, a three-year-old American Indian girl named Turtle, and must somehow come to terms with both motherhood and the necessity for putting down roots. Hers is a story about love and friendship, abandonment and belonging, and the discovery of surprising resources in apparently empty places.
|Target Audience Note:|| 900 Lexile.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Young women > Travel > West (U.S.) > Fiction.
Indian children > North America > Fiction.
Automobile travel > Fiction.
Friendship > Fiction.
Orphans > Fiction.
Tucson (Ariz.) > Fiction.
FICTION > Humorous.