Ramona Quimby, age 8 / Beverly Cleary ; illustrated by Tracy Dockray.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780061685521 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0061685526 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780061685538 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0061685534 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: Pymble, NSW ; HarperCollins e-books, 2008.
|Summary, etc.:|| The further adventures of the Quimby family as Ramona enters the third grade. Ramona Quimby, one of the most loved characters in children's fiction, has now reached third grade. At school, she acquires a new teacher, Mrs. Whaley, who addresses the class as "you guys." At home, she helps the family "squeak by" as her father returns to college to become an art teacher. All the Quimbys have their ups and downs, but none feels them more intensely than Ramona. Her low point is undoubtedly reached the day she throws up in class and Mrs. Whaley instructs the children to hold their noses and file into the hall. But three days later Ramona recovers her verve sufficiently to give a book report in the style of a T.V. commercial, bringing down the house with her final ad-lib line of "I can't believe I read the whole thing!"
|Target Audience Note:|| 860 Lexile.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Families > Juvenile fiction.
Schools > Juvenile fiction.
Family life > Fiction.
Schools > Fiction.
Young adult fiction.