Mooresville town banner [realia]: [flag for the sesquicentennial celebration of the founding of Mooresville, Indiana] / designed by Bonita C. Marley.
- http://mooresvillelib.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/MPL_flashcard_27_MV_Town_Banner_1-border_singleformat.pdf - Banner postcards
- http://mplindianaroom.blogspot.com/2010/05/mpl-treasure-trove-series-flashcards.html - Blog (MPL Indiana Room Treasure Trove)
- 0 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Mooresville Public Library - Mooresville||INDIANA ROOM DISPLAY (I REF 929.92 MOO) (Text)||37323003294959||IND_ROOM||Display||-|
|Mooresville Public Library - Mooresville||INDIANA ROOM UPPER CABINETS (I REF 929.92 MOO) (Text)||37323005234334||IND_ROOM||Reference||-|
- Physical Description: 1 banner [flag] : golden background with royal blue lettering and symbols ; 45.72 cm. x 91.44 cm.
- Edition: [1st ed.]
- Publisher: [Mooresville, Ind. : Mooresville Public Library, 1974]
|General Note:|| The Mooresville Town Banner is on permanent display in the Indiana Room at Mooresville Public Library.
Also shelved in the MPL Indiana Room upper cabinets (furthest to the left), above the built-in shelves and ladder.
|Summary, etc.:|| Official town banner (flag) of Mooresville, Indiana, created in 1974 by Bonita Marley for the 150th anniversary of the town's founding in 1824. Against a golden background are placed nineteen royal blue stars encircling a larger blue star indicating the town of Mooresville, Indiana, with the founding date (1824) and the town name (Mooresville) indicated in royal blue numbers and letters. The founding date is set-off by two intersecting royal blue lines indicating cardinal points on the compass. The larger star at the top represents the State of Indiana. The "town star" is situated to approximate Mooresville's relative location on a map of the state, with the "cross-hairs" indicating the state capital, Indianapolis.
Search for related items by subject
Mooresville (Ind.) > History.
Morgan County (Ind.) > History.
Mooresville (Ind. : Town)