View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780061429316 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0061429317 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780061429323 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0061429325 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: Pymble, NSW ; HarperCollins e-books, 2007.
|Summary, etc.:|| Bestselling author Deepak Chopra brings the Buddha back to life in this gripping novel of the young prince who abandoned his inheritance to discover his true calling. This iconic journey changed the world forever, and the truths revealed continue to influence every corner of the globe today. A young man in line for the throne is trapped in his father's kingdom and yearns for the outside world. Betrayed by those closest to him, Siddhartha abandons his palace and princely title. Alone and face-to-face with his demons, he becomes a wandering monk and embarks on a spiritual fast that carries him to the brink of death. Ultimately recognizing his inability to conquer his body and mind by sheer will, Siddhartha transcends his physical pain and achieves enlightenment. Although we recognize Buddha today as an icon of peace and serenity, his life story was a tumultuous and spellbinding affair filled with love and sex, murder and loss, struggle and surrender ...
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Gautama Buddha > Fiction.
Monks > India > Fiction.
India > Social life and customs > To 1200 > Fiction.
FICTION > Biographical.