A mindfulness-based stress reduction workbook / Bob Stahl, Elisha Goldstein.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781572248274 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1572248270 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9781608821457 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1608821455 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (xiv, 221 pages) : illustrations.
- Publisher: Oakland, CA : New Harbinger Publications, 
- Copyright: ©2010
Some online versions lack accompanying media packaged with the printed version.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Source of Description Note:||
Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject
HEALTH & FITNESS / Diseases / Contagious.
MEDICAL / Infectious Diseases.
Search for related items by series
- New Harbinger Pubns Inc
Stress and pain are nearly unavoidable in our daily lives; they are part of the human condition. This stress can often leave us feeling irritable, tense, overwhelmed, and burned-out. The key to maintaining balance is responding to stress not with frustration and self-criticism, but with mindful, nonjudgmental awareness of our bodies and minds. Impossible? Actually, it's easier than it seems.
In just weeks, you can learn mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), a clinically proven program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, author of Full Catastrophe Living. MBSR is effective in alleviating stress, anxiety, panic, depression, chronic pain, and a wide range of medical conditions. Taught in classes and clinics worldwide, this powerful approach shows you how to focus on the present moment in order to permanently change the way you handle stress.
As you work through A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, you'll learn how to replace stress-promoting habits with mindful ones?a skill that will last a lifetime.This groundbreaking, proven-effective program will help you relieve the symptoms of stress and identify its causes so that you can start living a healthier, happier life.
- New Harbinger Pubns IncIn A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, two mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) experts present a step-by-step, eleven-week program for effective stress reduction based on the concepts in Jon Kabat-Zinn's groundbreaking Full Catastrophe Living.