View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781608144457 (sound recording)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (9 audio files) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: Carol Stream : Eloquence Unique Code, 2004.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Narrator: John Eldredge.
|System Details Note:||
Requires OverDrive Listen (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive app (file size: 251839 KB).
Search for related items by subject
Religion & Spirituality.
- Findaway World LlcEvery man was once a boy. And every little boy has dreams, big dreams: dreams of being the hero, of beating the bad guys, of doing daring feats and rescuing the damsel in distress. Every little girl has dreams, too: of being rescued by her prince and swept up into a great adventure, knowing that she is the beauty. But what happens to those dreams when we grow up? Walk into most churches, have a look around, and ask yourself: What is a Christian man? Without listening to what is said, look at what you find there. Most Christian men are . . . bored. In Wild at Heart, John Eldredge invites men to recover their masculine heart, defined in the image of a passionate God. And he invites women to discover the secret of a man's soul and to delight in the strength and wildness men were created to offer.
- Oasis AudioGod designed men to be dangerous, says John Eldredge. Simply look at the dreams and desires written in the heart of every boy: To be a hero, to be a warrior, to live a life of adventure and risk. Sadly, most men abandon those dreams and desires-aided by a Christianity that feels like nothing more than pressure to be a 'nice guy.' It is no wonder that many men avoid church, and those who go are often passive and bored to death. In this provocative book, Eldredge gives women a look inside the true heart of a man and gives men permission to be what God designed them to be-dangerous, passionate, alive, and free.
- Oasis AudioEldredge gives women a look inside the true heart of a man and gives men permission to be what God designed them to be - dangerous, passionate, alive, and free.