Bombshell : a novel / James Reich.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Peru PL - Peru||FIC REICH J (Text)||53069000357518||ADULT FICTION||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781593765132 (alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1593765134 (alk. paper)
- Physical Description: 267 pages; 21 cm
- Publisher: Berkeley, CA : Counterpoint, 2013.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Chernobyl Nuclear Accident, Chornobylʹ, Ukraine, 1986 > Fiction.
Young women > Fiction.
Nuclear warfare > Fiction.
Feminism > Fiction.
Revenge > Fiction.
Travelers > United States.
Ukraine > Fiction.
Chornobylʹ (Ukraine) > Fiction.
- Baker & Taylor
Set 25 years after the Chernobyl disaster, this explosive thriller follows Russian assassin Varyushka Cash as she, waging a guerrilla war against the nuclear industry, is relentlessly pursued by the CIA as she leaves a trail of violence and destruction in her wake. Original.
- Baker & Taylor
Twenty-five years after the Chernobyl disaster, Russian assassin Varyushka Cash wages a guerrilla war against the nuclear industry leaving a trail of violence and destruction in her wake.
- Perseus PublishingBombshell is a feminist nuclear thriller set twenty-five years after the 1986 Chernobyl disaster, in which an alienated young Russian woman born in its shadow undertakes a road trip across the U.S., waging a guerrilla war against the nuclear industry and leaving in her wake a trail of destruction and assassinations. Obsessed with would-be Warhol assassin Valerie Solanas, Varyushka Cash recreates her atomic past through escalating violence and her one true goal: an assault on the Indian Point nuclear plant on the bank of the Hudson River. All along she is relentlessly pursued by the CIA, eager to capture Varyushka on charges of domestic terrorism. The cat-and-mouse chase leads to a final showdown in a decimated and irradiated New York, there on the cusp of a frightening new future.
The initial draft of Bombshell was completed five months before the Fukushima catastrophe, written from the authorâs morbid suspicion that the twenty-fifth anniversary of catastrophe at Chernobyl, Pripyat, and beyond would be marked by an echo in the present, shadowed by the real threat present in our unguarded and deteriorating nuclear facilities. Bombshell is a combustible and commercial step forward by one of our most creative and intellectual writers today.