The art forger / a novel by B.A. Shapiro.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781616201807 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1616201800 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 9781616203184 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1616203188 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (360 pages)
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: Chapel Hill, N.C. : Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, 2012.
Boston painter Claire Roth has survived financially by painting reproductions, so when influential gallery owner Aiden Markel arrives with a bizarre proposal--her own show if she will forge a copy of a Degas, one of the pictures stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum--she says yes. As she works, Claire and Aiden become lovers, but she doesn't tell him about her discovery that the stolen Degas is itself a copy. This knowledge is Claire's lifeline when the finished forgery is discovered, Aiden and then Claire are both arrested, and only she can save them.
|Source of Description Note:||
Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Gardner, Isabella Stewart, 1840-1924 > Fiction.
Degas, Edgar, 1834-1917 > Fiction.
Art > Forgeries > Fiction.
Art forgers > Fiction.
FICTION / General.