View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780553898996 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 055389899X (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780553898996 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 055389899X (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Publisher: New York : Bantam Books, 2004.
|General Note:|| Title from eBook information screen.
|Summary, etc.:|| In 1844 nobody believed there was gold in California. Nobody, that is, except the Mulkerins and an old Indian with mystical powers. The Mulkerins needed a treasure to settle the debt on their Malibu ranch. The Indian was willing to lead them to one. But riding hard on their trail was the greediest band of cutthroats north of the Baja. Killing was their business. Doing it for gold would only make it sweeter.
|Target Audience Note:|| 750 Lexile.
|System Details Note:|| Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 690 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 241 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Frontier and pioneer life > California > Fiction.
California > Gold discoveries > Fiction.
Outlaws > West (U.S.) > Fiction.