The Italian lover [electronic resource] : a novel / Robert Hellenga.
- ISBN: 9780316026291 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0316026298 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780316026277 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0316026271 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 343 p. : map ; 22 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Little, Brown and Co., c2007.
|Summary, etc.:|| Margot Harrington's memoir about her discovery in Florence of a priceless masterwork of Renaissance erotica - and the misguided love affair it inspired - is now, 25 years later, being made into a movie. Margot, with the help of her lover, Woody, writes a script that she thinks will validate her life. Of course their script is not used, but never mind - happy endings are the best endings for movies, as Margot eventually comes to see. At the former convent in Florence where "The Sixteen Pleasures" - now called "The Italian Lover" - is being filmed, Margot enters into a drama she never imagined, where her ideas of home, love, art, and aging collide with the imperatives of commerce and the unknowability of other cultures and other people.
|Reproduction Note:|| Electronic reproduction. New York : Little Brown And Company, 2007. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1696 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 509 KB).
Search for related items by subject
Motion picture authorship > Fiction.
Motion pictures > Fiction.
Man-woman relationships > Fiction.
Florence (Italy) > Fiction.