- ISBN: 9781455106325 (sound recording : OverDrive Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1455106321 (sound recording : OverDrive Audio Book)
- ISBN: 0786153105 (sound recording : OverDrive Audio Book)
- ISBN: 9780786153107 (sound recording : OverDrive Audio Book)
- Publisher: [Ashland, Or.] : Blackstone Audiobooks, 2005.
|General Note:|| Downloadable audio file.
Title from: Title details screen.
|Participant or Performer Note:|| Read by Christopher Hurt.
|Summary, etc.:|| The system was simple. Everyone understood it. Books were for burning, along with the houses in which they were hidden. Guy Montag was a fireman whose job it was to start fires, and he enjoys his job. He had been a fireman for ten years, and never questioned the pleasure of the midnight runs nor the joy of watching pages consumed by flames. He never questioned anything until he met a seventeen-year-old girl who told him of a past when people were not afraid and a professor who told him of a future in which people could think. Guy Montag suddenly realized what he had to do.
|System Details Note:|| Requires OverDrive Media Console (WMA file size: 73998 KB; MP3 file size: 145002 KB).
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||State-sponsored terrorism > Fiction.
Totalitarianism > Fiction.
Book burning > Fiction.
Censorship > Fiction.