The sheltering sky : with a preface by the author / Paul Bowles.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780062119339 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0062119338 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (xii, 313 pages, 16 pages).
- Edition: 1st Harper Perennial modern classics ed.
- Publisher: New York : HarperPerennial, 2005.
|General Note:|| "An Ecco book."
|Summary, etc.:|| A beautiful, yet disturbing, tale of two people traveling into the Sahara. Although the couple apear to be smart, independent travelers, they are not equipped to travel into the desert. Thus, each time hardship strikes, pieces of their comfortable lives and the identities they had constructed seem to peel away. The shifting sands and unforgiving sun are metaphors for the shocking and vulgar circumstances that befall them.
|Source of Description Note:|| Description based on print version record.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Americans > Morocco > Fiction.
Morocco > Fiction.
Search for related items by series