View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 0060575506 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780060575502 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 006076841X (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 9780060768416 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Publisher: [Place of publication not identified] : PerfectBound, 2003.
Title from eBook information screen.
Special features: "Stephensonia/Cryptonomica": ONE: "Cryptonomicon Cypher-FAQ" (Neal addresses "Frequently Anticipated Questions" and other fascinating facts); TWO: "Mother Earth Motherboard" (Neal's landmark nonfiction account of, among other techno-feats, the laying of the longest telecommunications cable on earth); THREE: "Press Conference": Neal answers "Why write about crypto?" and other penetrating questions.
An American computer hacker operating in Southeast Asia attempts to break a World War II cypher to find the location of a missing shipment of gold. The gold was stolen by the Japanese during the war. By the author of The Diamond Age.
|System Details Note:||
Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 5755 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 2004 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||World War, 1939-1945 > Cryptography > Fiction.
Data encryption (Computer science) > Fiction.